aiaibot can easily be integrated into your website with just a little technical knowledge.
Creating a story for a website
- Create a project
- In your workspace, you can create a new project by clicking the blue 'plus' button in the lower left corner.
- Create a story
- You can create a story with another click on the blue plus button in the lower left corner.
- Give the story a name and select the channel on which you want your story to run. In this case, you should select Website here.
- If you would like to create a story for the Facebook Messenger channel, you can find instructions here.
- After you have selected the name and language for the story, and confirmed your selection, the Story Builder will open automatically.
- Fill the story with content
- On the right you will find the widgets (Text, Decision element, User input, Handover, Media). You can drag and drop them (click and hold, then drag) to the left side and position them.
- The logic dictates that some widgets can only come after certain elements, so some widgets may not be active at the beginning.
- To save your story, move the mouse to the blue button with the arrow.
- Now select the item Save as draft.
- Once the design has been saved, click the Publish option.
- To activate the chatbot, click the switch in the upper right corner once. The activated status should be displayed in blue( ).
- Leave the Story Builder
- To get to the next step you have to leave the Story Builder. You do this by clicking the arrow in the circle.
Integrating aiaibot via a website
- Go to your project settings
- You can find the settings in your project under the Settings item.
- You can then find all settings for your chatbot under the Chatbot tab.
- Configure your domain in the project settings
- To ensure that your chatbot can only work on your site, you must first configure your domain under Website > Domains. In our project it looks something like this:
- In the settings, you can configure up to five domains so that your chatbot can also work on preview pages or in test environments.
- Integrate the code via your website
- Once we have configured the domains for your website, you can insert the code, which you can find under Website > Website integration, into your template. For this to work, you need access to the source files from your website. To make aiaibot available on every subpage, the code must be loaded on every page:
<!-- ... -->