- These people can create open channels: Everyone, except guests (default)
- These people can archive channels: Everyone, except guests (default)
Note: The data entered via Slack can leave Switzerland and the European zone. Upgrade your Slack account to define data residency.
👉 Connect your chatbot in 5 simple steps:
1️⃣ Sign up for Slack and connect to aiaibot
Make sure that you can log into your Slack workspace and that you have sufficient permissions to manage channels in your workspace. Go to → , and under integrations, connect your project with your slack workspace:
2️⃣ Choose a channel for messages
If you are not yet logged into your Slack workspace, you can do so now in the open window. If you are already logged in, you can choose the channels to which the messages from your chatbot’s users will be sent.
Important: Please select a public channel from the list. Private channels and direct messages don't work.
3️⃣ Confirm and complete
After you confirm the configuration with and certify the Slack connection, your selected Slack channel will be displayed in our settings as follows:
You will see that aiaibot has been added to your selected channel as an application:
You can now start a conversation with your website visitors on Slack, from a specific place in your story.
4️⃣ Create a story with Slack live-chat integration
Choose a story in which you want to start a conversation via Slack. Then add the -widget to the according place in your conversation.
Three possible options can be configured in the live-chat-widget:
- «Live-Chat was handled by an agent»: Elements in this story path will be shown to the user after the live-chat conversation has ended. The story continues in the same chatbot window.
- «User declined to Live-Chat»: This path continues if the user declines a live-chat conversation.
- «No agent was available»: This path starts if no one answers the user within 60 seconds or if the agent rejects the request via Slack. This path is particularly useful when requesting information from your chatbot users, e.g. their email address. That way, the user's request can be processed later on.
Two helpful tips:
- User input that occurs before the live-chat widget is displayed on Slack and can help the employee in charge of your Slack communication to better understand your user's concerns.
- If no agent was available for a live-chat and a dialog was initiated, the collected data will be sent to a preconfigured email. In this way, requests can be processed later.
5️⃣ Process requests via Slack live-chats
When a chatbot user wants to start a conversation, the aiaibot Slack app will write the following in the configured channel:
Now, you can start the conversation by going to the automatically created channel. Messages that you write in this channel will be directly sent to the user on your website. The user's answers will also appear on this channel.
If you are unable to chat to a user, you can decline the conversation. The user will then be directed to the «No agent was available»-path you configured.